Tonight, I wanted to make something my whole family could enjoy and benefit from. And with it still being summer, I wanted something light and refreshing.
Therefore, I made three bean salad and used it as a topping on regular salad! Well, I was preparing a salad when my mom came in from work with a Classic Salad (no dressing) from Panera, left over from work. So, I ended up eating that salad + the three bean salad because of the various greens and onions in it (we, unfortunately, had no onions in the house so I wasn’t able to add them into the three bean salad).
But nevertheless, I prepared some Romaine lettuce and chopped up some baby carrots, baby cucumbers, and tomatoes. I put each of them in their own dish so everyone could top their salads off as they pleased.
For the three bean salad, I made a slight variation to this recipe that I found through Google.
The Beans I used:
- 1 can of Black Beans
- 1 can of Pinto Beans
- 1 can of Garbanzo Beans (Chickpeas)
For the dressing, I used:
- 3 tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 5 tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar
- 3 teaspoons of Honey (Grade A)
- Dash of Salt
- A little Black Pepper
- Combine all of the dressing ingredients into a large bowl and whisk to mix
- Empty all 3 cans of beans into a colander and rinse with cool water
- Pour beans into the large bowl containing the dressing and mix so that all the beans have made their way through the dressing
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour
When your beans are done chilling (and marinating) put your salad together however you please and top it off with a generous helping of your three bean salad! I made a little more dressing than what’s written in the recipe I found, and I am glad that I did because, both, my sister and I used it as dressing for our whole salad!