DRINK #1: Tart Cherry Juice
The other day on facebook I came across some awesome news about tart cherry juice. So, I read the article and decided to buy some! I poured 8 oz. over ice, added some water, a little fresh lemon juice, and a lemon slice:
I, unfortunately, can’t find the exact article I found but here’s one from LIVESTRONG. Tart Cherry juice gives you many antioxidants and anti-inflammatory agents, among other benefits. In sum, the greatest benefits from drinking tart cherry juice are:
- Anthocyanins: an important Phytonutrient. Red fruits and vegetables, such as cherries, are rich in anthocyanin-a disease fighting antioxidant. It also promotes healthy circulation, proper nerve function, and anti-cancer properties (summarized from “The Health Benefits of Tart Cherry Juice” -LIVESTRONG).
- Anti-oxidant Benefits: fights disease, cancer, diabetes, and Alzheimer’s disease, and provides protection against heart disease, cancer, and age-related cognitive decline (summarized from “The Health Benefits of Tart Cherry Juice” -LIVESTRONG).
- Extra Cancer Protection
- Lower Cholesterol: because it contains quercetin, one of the most powerful antioxidants that exist. Quercetin also works as an anti-inflammatory agent, which helps relieves asthma and other respiratory conditions (summarized from “The Health Benefits of Tart Cherry Juice” -LIVESTRONG).
- Protection Against Muscle Damage: because of the anti-inflammatory agents
DRINK #2: Strawberry-Banana Protein Smoothie
This morning, after my run, I made a delicious fruit and protein smoothie, and I wanted to share it with you!
The ingredients I used were:
- 4 ice cubes
- 8 oz. of Unsweetened Almond Milk
- Some water
- 1 Banana
- 1 cup of strawberries (I sliced them and put the slices into a measuring cup)
- 3 tablespoons of my Soy-Free Veg Protein Booster
I intended on putting spinach in the smoothie, too, but I forgot 😦 So, I’ll make sure I remember to put it into tomorrow’s post-workout smoothie! I love making smoothies and have a few more recipes in my Recipes & Concoctions page, located under the main menu on the right side of your screen. Let me know if you try either of this healthy and powerful drinks or others! As always, enjoy! xoxo