Tonight for dinner, I made Pumpkin Soup!! I searched the internet for a healthy recipe and had a lot of trouble. I didn’t want a recipe that called for heavy cream or a ton of other ingredients. Thankfully, I found one that I was confidently able to tweek to my liking. The recipe called for Chicken Broth, Pumpkin Puree, Onion and Garlic Powder, Thyme, and Milk. I intended on including the milk because it was only 1/2 Cup, but I ended up forgetting to put it in (haha, oops!). But the soup came out awesome! And I made a few changes. So if you’re looking for a healthy pumpkin recipe that doesn’t call for any milk or cream, here it is!
^ this is the Chicken Broth and Pumpkin Puree that I used for the soup. Here’s my Pumpkin Soup recipe:
- 3 Cups of Chicken Broth
- 2 Cups (or 1 can) of Pumpkin Puree
- 1/4 teaspoon of Garlic Powder (can add Onion Powder, too!)
- Chopped Onion (I just measured this by eye)
- Salt and Pepper (I added a little salt because my broth was low sodium; if yours isn’t you probably won’t need it)
- Pumpkin Pie Spice!! (my favorite ingredient–I did this to taste)
So, I chose (by accident) to not include any milk or cream in this recipe. Next time, I’d like to try it out with the milk but it really isn’t necessary. I was so happy with how this turned out, and my roommates said it smelt amazing; one also tasted it and demanded the recipe at once! Of course that made me really happy 🙂 To go with or without milk is 100% up to you, and I can assure you either way it will turn out good!
- Put Chicken Broth, Pumpkin Puree, Chopped Onion and Garlic Powder in pot and whisk together
- Bring to a boil, then lower heat and let simmer for 30 minutes
- Add Salt (optional), Pepper, and Pumpkin Pie Spice-all to taste-and whisk well into soup
*Note: If you choose to include the milk: Add 1/2 Cup of Milk into the soup after it has been brought to a boil, right before you let the soup simmer for 30 minutes.
All done! It came out great; I was so happy with it. And adding the pumpkin pie spice is what really topped it off, so please don’t skip that step! Hope you give my recipe a try and enjoy! I’ll be back soon with more Fall recipes! xoxo