These taste way better than they look–they are unbelievably good. And I’m extra proud of them because I made up the recipe all by myself!
I had some Organic Pumpkin Bread mix that I got when Chris and I went apple picking, but I wanted to make muffins because I like how they are naturally individually portioned. I also love chocolate chips and nuts in my banana and pumpkin breads, so I thought about what I could do with these muffins.
- Pumpkin Bread Mix (I used Lollipop Tree, 70% Organic), 15.25-18.25 oz will work
- Pumpkin Puree, 15 oz
- 1 or 2 handfuls of whole raw almonds
- 1 handful of Dark Chocolate Hershey Kisses (a big handful)
- 3/4 cup of water
- 2 rounded teaspoons of light, heart healthy butter spread–melted
- 1 tbs coconut palm sugar or a few drops of liquid stevia (about 5)
- Cinnamon–to taste *(you may also need Pumpkin Pie Spice, but my bread mix was pre-spiced so I didn’t need it)
Procedure: *Note: Crushed almonds can be mixed into the muffins or used as a topping–whatever you prefer!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease cupcake tin with coconut oil or use cupcake wrappers
- Pour bread mix, pumpkin puree and water into a bowl and mix
- Add liquid stevia or coconut palm sugar, melted butter spread, and cinnamon and mix
- Scoop mixture into cupcake tin and set aside–do not put in oven yet!
- Melt chocolate in a bowl over boiling water–I also added a little water to the chocolate as it was melting to thin it out
- ^ stir while melting-when done, spoon melted chocolate on to the top of your muffins and stir/swirl with spoon
- Put almonds into a food processor or blender (I did a blender because I don’t have a food processor) and crush until they are chopped to your liking
- Spoon chopped almonds on to the top of your muffins–you can stir these in a bit, too, so that they don’t fall off when you take the muffins out of the oven
- Put muffins in the oven and bake for about 40-45 minutes. I timed my oven for 30 minutes and then kept checking on them with the toothpick/knife test. Total time was close to 40 minutes
Enjoy! 🙂 xoxo