This morning I made a delicious mugcake, chocolate peanut butter mugcake with banana!
For the mugcake you need:
~ 1/2 cup oats, turned into flour (can be done in a food processor, magic bullet or something similar, and probably a standard blender but I haven’t tried that)
~ 1 tsp baking powder
~ 1 tsp cacao powder
~ a few drops of stevia, or sweeten as you like
~ cinnamon (I did mine by eye, possibly around 1/2 tsp)
~ 1/3 cup egg whites or 2 egg whites
~ 3 tbs unsweetened apple sauce or 1/2 mashed banana
~ 2 tbs almond milk
I grind the oats into flour in a bullet blender then add the rest of my ingredients and pulse until smooth. I’m sure everything could be put into a regular blender, blended until smooth and it will turn out fine but I cannot promise it. Only a test will tell! I pour the mixture into a large mug sprayed lightly with cooking spray and microwave it for 1.5 minutes, check on it, usually do another 30 seconds while making sure it doesn’t overflow out of the mug, and test it with a toothpick.
If the center is still liquid-y, microwave your mugcake in 15 second intervals. The first time I made mugcake, I microwaved it for almost 3 minutes. This one I did in 2 minutes. Just watch it! And test it with a toothpick. Also use the largest mug you have because it will rise! We don’t want it to overflow.
I topped my mugcake with 2 tbs of peanut butter and banana slices. Delicious. I hope you try this recipe and enjoy 🙂 Let me know!
Last week I was looking for a muffin recipe that I could play around with and make my own. I found a good one for banana breakfast muffins and tested it out, making some slight changes.
The muffins came out delicious, but I wasn’t completely satisfied with the consistency, so I’m going to continue to play around with it until I get it just right. I’ve been having a muffin for breakfast, reheated, topped with almond butter and cinnamon, paired with a banana and it’s so good! The consistency is much better cooled and reheated. However, I might have tested them too soon, not giving them enough time to cool, thus changing the consistency. I’ll see how the next batch comes out!
Stay tuned to see how the next batch comes out! I’m working on perfecting some recipes for an e-book! 🙂
Hey everyone! Hope you all had a good weekend. So last night, as I was checking my notifications before bed, I saw that I was nominated for a Liebster Award by Paige @ Fit Not Fad! Thanks Paige, I really appreciate the nomination!
Wondering what a Liebster Award is? I was, too. The Liebster Award highlights blogs that have less than 200 followers as a way to recognize new and upcoming blogs. I am so honored to be apart of this group of nominees. Thanks again Paige!
After being nominated, each nominee must:
- Acknowledge the nominating blogger
- Share 11 random facts about yourself
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger that nominated you has created for you
- Nominate 11 new bloggers
- Post 11 questions for your nominees to answer
- Let all the bloggers know that they have been nominated; but you cannot nominate the blogger that nominated you.
~ I’m ready to get started!
11 Random Facts About Me:
- I love dolphins
- I’ve never broken a bone
- I’ve never had stitches
- I’ve never been outside of the U.S.
- I am obsessed with Taylor Swift
- I once met Shaq
- Shaq and I also have the same birthday
- I love Harry Potter
- Gillian Flynn is becoming my new favorite author
- If you couldn’t already tell…I love to read
- I am dying to get a chocolate lab one day that I can take on runs, walks, and hikes 🙂
11 Questions from Paige:
- If you could live anywhere other than where you are right now, where would you live? Answer: Maine! Somewhere with beautiful scenery.
- What’s your guilty pleasure? Answer: The Twilight Saga. Books over movies, but I do enjoy the last few movies a little.
- What is one goal you have for your future? Answer: Write a book or e-book. Planning an e-book now!
- What is your favorite recipe that you have posted on your blog? If you don’t post many recipes, what is your favorite post that you have written? Answer: Definitely my Pumpkin Bread Muffins
- What is your favorite vacation spot? Answer: Montauk, LI
- What is one of your favorite hobbies? Answer: Reading
- What is your greatest accomplishment to date? Answer: Starting this blog! It’s been a little over year, so far. Although I lost some followers because I had to make a new blog when I changed the name 😦
- What made you want to start a blog? Answer: I love to read and write, in addition to living a healthy and active lifestyle. So, I decided to merge the two and came up with the idea of starting a blog!
- Chocolate or vanilla? Answer: DARK chocolate! I used to be a vanilla hater and chocolate addict, however, lately I have been really into vanilla flavored things: ice cream, froyo, smoothies, etc. But anything that has chocolate in it, on it, or is made out of chocolate is the winner!
- What is your favorite book? Answer: It depends…series = Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling, single book = Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
- How did you become interested in aspects of healthy living (fitness, healthy foods, running, etc)? Answer: I was always somewhat interested because I was an athlete my whole life, but when I was 19 I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism and that sparked a fire within me that led me to where I am today.
11 Bloggers I nominate: sorry if some of you already have a lot of followers!
- Val @ Heart Food
- Amanda @ That Lovely Life
- Kelly @ Sneakers and Sandals
- Stephanie @ Neat and Nutritious
- Overgrown Waltz
- Robyn @ Blueberries and Oats
- Healthy People, Healthy Planet
- Lauren @ Focused to be Fit
- Ashley @ Miles on Oats
- Healthy Living, Healthy Us
- Kate @ Daily Food Struggle
Questions for my nominations:
- What made you start your blog?
- What is your favorite thing to do in your free time?
- What is your favorite food to eat?
- What is your favorite way to stay active?
- If you could travel to anywhere in the world right now, where would it be?
- What is your favorite animal and why?
- What is your favorite movie?
- What is your favorite book? or other reading material if you don’t read a lot of books
- What is your favorite childhood memory?
- If you were granted one wish, what would it be?
- Where do you want to be in 10 years?
Thank again for the nomination Paige! Nominees–get ready, get set, go!
I am all signed up for my Fall race, the Sleepy Hollow Halloween 10k! I am so excited for this race. It is about a week and a half before Halloween and all about the spirit of the holiday. The last 10k I ran was in March, on St. Patrick’s Day, and it was 20 degrees outside! Fall is my absolute favorite season, so I am thrilled to be running in the heart of the season with the cool, crisp air and beautiful leaves! I am also running with my best friend from elementary school and one of my sisters. Lots of fun on the way! Anyone else running a fall race? I’d love to hear about them!
Yesterday morning I visited the Pleasantville Farmer’s Market and had an amazing time! I sampled some great food: sun-dried tomatoes, pickles, pickled mushrooms, pesto, and a few nut butters. I purchased zucchini, cucumbers, tomatoes, white peaches, Tabbouleh salad, pickled mushrooms, chocolate hazelnut butter, and a cranberry pecan roll! Most of the things I bought are organic, but absolutely everything is extremely fresh, good quality, and delicious.
I love everything about farmer’s markets. It is such a warm, friendly, happy, and tasty place. I strongly suggest getting to a farmer’s market before the summer is over and they disappear for the fall/winter or move indoors. Farmer’s Markets also support the local community and farms, which is always a nice thing to be apart of. There’s still time! Get out there! 🙂
Pictures from the Pleasantville Farmer’s Market:
Mmmm…Guacamole Chicken sandwich! Great for lunch, on-the-go, or a lazy dinner. Made with an Ezekiel English muffin, guacamole, Applegate organic chicken breast, sliced tomato, and arugula (can sub baby spinach or any other green you like).
You can also make this a hummus chicken sandwich by subbing humus for the guacamole. Another one of my favorites!
After having a meal-sized snack this afternoon, I toned it down with a very light dinner. It was simple, tasty, nutritious, and quick. It was steamed mushrooms and zucchini (organic–zucchini is one of the “dirty dozen”, high GMO foods) with minced garlic and a drizzle of Bolthouse Farms Balsamic Vinaigrette dressing.
I simply steamed the mushrooms and zucchini together in a steamer along with the minced garlic and waited for them to be a consistency that I liked. When it was on my plate I drizzled on a touch of dressing and that was it! You could add a tiny pinch of salt and pepper or any other seasoning that you like and think would work well. I chose not to because I had a little salt on my popcorn earlier and decided the dressing and garlic was enough flavor for me. But you decide! You may choose to drizzle on some olive oil, instead. If so, you can sprinkle on some salt, pepper, and maybe some onion powder or red pepper flakes.
A mushroom and zucchini base is a great thing to work with in the kitchen because the flavors are very mild, therefore you make the flavor with what you choose to add. Decide on a flavor scheme and give it a go! I go very light and simple with my dishes, you may need a little more flavor and that’s absolutely fine. Don’t be afraid to test some flavors out. Just be wise: start out with a little and use flavors you are familiar with and trust. You can use this dish as a small, light meal like I did, or you can make it a side dish to a protein-rich food like baked chicken. It is very versatile!