A few weeks ago, I made the most delicious dinner for my boyfriend, Chris, and myself — baked salmon and quinoa with black olives and feta. It was amazing. It was also very balanced with beneficial carbs, protein, healthy fats, and omega-3s.
- 1 pound of salmon per 2 people
- coconut oil
- salt, pepper, fresh dill and basil leaves
- 2/3 c quinoa
- black olives
- feta cheese
Optional sides and additions:
- I started this meal with a salad: romaine lettuce, spinach leaves, cucumber, tomato, drizzled with extra-virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar
- Chris and I also split a baked sweet potato
- If you are baking a potato, do that first since it takes the longest to cook–usually 45-60 minutes
- Next, start the quinoa. Boil 2/3 c quinoa in water (measurements should be on your box of quinoa)
- Your quinoa is done when all the water is absorbed. Stir in some basil leaves when the quinoa is just about done, take it off the burner and cover so it can steam and stay hot
- While the quinoa is cooking, prepare your baking sheet by lightly coating it with coconut oil
- Place your salmon on the baking sheet and season with salt, pepper, some fresh dill and black olive slices
- Bake your salmon for 15-20 minutes per pound, usually at 375 degrees F. You might want to Google your cook time and temperature depending on how many pounds of salmon you have and how your oven operates. My oven is never at the true temperature, so I had to really keep an eye on my salmon.
- When everything is done cooking, serve the quinoa and salmon together and dress with a few more black olive slices and crumbled feta cheese
- Serve your optional side or potato on a separate dish and dress how you like. I love dressing my sweet potato with a light drizzle of pure maple syrup
And of course dinner is always better with a little wine 🙂 This meal was delicious. I really hope some of you try it out one day. If you do, let me know by commenting or posting a picture on Instagram with the hashtag, #runningongood.
Good food. Good tips. Good moves. Good for you.
xo Kim, Running on Good
If you like this post, you may also like the following posts (delicious recipes!) from my blogging friends from around the web 🙂