I love convenient, delicious foods. Who doesn’t? My Peanut Butter Snow Bites are just that: convenient, delicious, nutritiously packed, fun, easy, and quick. These are for the ultimate nut butter fan. I used organic peanut butter, but you could really use any kind of nut or seed butter. For those of you with nut allergies, try sunflower or pumpkin seed butter! As always though, read the ingredients–minimal ingredients are best.
I created these peanut butter creations because I wanted something that I could snack on that could be paired with a piece of fruit or a nutribullet smoothie, so I knew I needed my snack to include a few things: a source of energy, some superfoods, protein, and healthy fat. I also wanted something that I would crave. I usually crave nut butter or dark chocolate. For some reason, those two things are my idea of amazing, delectable treats. My snow bites have both of those things, while still being totally nutritious. Just look at these beauties:
They look too good to be true, but I promise you they are nutrient packed and complete a balanced snack when paired with fruit or a fruit + veggie combo, like a nutribullet smoothie 🙂
- 1 cup organic rolled oats
- 2 tbsp organic golden ground flaxseed
- 1 tbsp organic chia seeds
- 2 tbsp Enjoy Life chocolate chips
- About 1/2 jar organic peanut butter, almond butter, or other nut/seed butter
- Coconut flakes (a nice pile to roll the bites in)
Yields 8 large snow bites or 16 smaller bites. I made 8 large snow bites and either ate half or split it with my boyfriend. I could only fit 8 in my freezer, but if you have the room you could get 16 bites out of this recipe! They would be smaller, but perfectly portioned.
- Combine dry ingredients (everything except the nut butter) in a large bowl and mix together with a spoon
- Add the nut butter in by the spoonful until you have enough to hold together all the dry ingredients (should be close to 1/2 a jar) You might have to scoop, mix…scoop more, mix, etc.
- Use your hands to thoroughly mix the dry ingredients into the nut butter until you have 1 large mound
- Break off pieces of the mound and roll into smaller bites. Size is totally up to you!
- Roll bites in coconut flakes and place on pan covered with wax paper
- Freeze bites for 30 minutes
- Eat and enjoy 🙂
Store in an air-tight container in the fridge.
I loved these and am totally going to make them again. They are the perfect thing to have on-hand for the whole week. These would be great for kids because you really taste the peanut butter more than anything else, yet you get nutrition from the oats, chia seeds, flaxseeds, and the peanut butter! Enjoy Life chocolate chips are my go-to brand for chocolate chips because they are soy, nut, and dairy free; great for those with allergies and those who avoid soy (like me). I think you could also taste a hint of nuttiness from the flaxseed which I really enjoyed, and Chris said he could taste the coconut coming through, too. Mmmm 🙂 Basically, they taste great and should go over well with the kiddies or any nut butter lover! Plus, you could easily pack them up and take them with you to school or work. If there’s a fridge handy, you can take them anywhere!
Whether you stash them at home or take them with you for a pick-me-up, I just hope you try these out! I’d love to hear what you think and see if you use a different nut butter. I was originally going to use almond butter, but I didn’t want to use so much and have it be gone so quickly 🙂 Comment or post a picture on instagram with #runningongood or @runningongood so I can see! Enjoy xoxo