“Your skin is so clear!” These five words were actually said to me yesterday. And I don’t think they have ever been said to me before. While I never had a major skin problem with my face, I was never one to receive compliments on my skin. Yet, it seems that the way I’ve recently been treating my skin has had an apparent effect on my face. Along with practicing healthful lifestyle habits, I’ve made several changes to my skin-care regimen. The most significant change has been my choice of moisturizer. I have gone from using big name moisturizers to using — and loving — hand-made organic B. Butter.
B. Butter is a 100% natural and organic triple-use moisturizer that can be used on your skin, lips and hair. B. Butter is made by hand in small batches with only 5 pure ingredients: Fair Trade grade A organic unrefined shea butter, organic unrefined golden jojoba, organic unrefined extra virgin coconut oil, sweet almond oil and essential oils — lavender, peppermint, or rose. I have used the lavender and peppermint and loved them both! So far, the peppermint is my favorite because of the unbeatable scent and refreshing sensation.
The moisturizing power of B. Butter is unlike anything I have ever used before. You can see, smell and feel the quality of B. Butter the instant it is in your hands. What makes it so great? The pure ingredients of B. Butter are packed with naturally occurring vitamins A, D, E and K, essential fatty acids omega-3 and omega-6, and anti-inflammatories. Your skin will be moisturized, soft and glowing. Everyone will be telling you how amazing your skin looks.
In addition to using B. Butter every day, I have also been good to my skin by:
- Washing my face less often, usually once a day (sometimes twice, but rarely) + using B. Butter after every face wash and shower
- Leaving my face makeup-free (I very rarely wear any face makeup now. I like to go bare and just use mascara, sometimes paired with eyeliner)
- Eating well — plenty of fresh organic whole foods
- Exercising — yes, exercise is good for your skin! (read How Exercise Makes You Pretty and Improve Your Skin with Exercise)
- Drinking plenty of water (at least 72 ounces a day)
By washing my face less often, moisturizing with B. Butter and leaving my skin free of makeup has drastically changed my skin. Remember, your skin is your largest organ! And being on the outside, it is constantly exposed to chemicals and toxins in the environment. Therefore, chemical-free skin care is so important, and your skin will certainly benefit from a more natural skin-care regimen.
To learn more about B. Butter, click here to read about B. Butter uses and here to read about B. Butter and the creator, Elizabeth Taylor. I have had the pleasure of meeting Elizabeth through my internship with Bliss Out Retreats, and she is such a sweetheart. It’s so nice to know that this great product comes from such a kind, sweet person. I urge you to give B. Butter a try. You will not regret it. (Hint: it also makes a great gift) If you decide to try out B. Butter, let me know in the comments below! I’d love to hear what you think.
Good food. Good tips. Good moves. Good for you.
xo Kim, Running on Good
If you liked this post, you may also like these chemical-free/DIY posts by my blogging friends around the web:
- Soap Nuts – Best all natural DIY laundry solution ever! by Cheerfully Imperfect
- Clean Up Indoor Air Pollution by Lindsay Dahl
- Simple DIY Carpet Freshener and Deodorizer with Essential Oils by Overthrow Martha
- Bug Off! by Ribas with Love
- Avoid Chemicals in Cosmetics When Pregnant by Lindsay Dahl
If you liked this post and are interested in other ways you can use coconut oil for beauty purposes, check out these posts:
- Easy DIY Lavender Coconut Oil Lip Balm by Overthrow Martha
- Coconut Oil Uses for Teeth and Body by Actual Organics
- A Skeptics Take on Oil Pulling by Lindsay Dahl
- Dry Skin by Ribas with Love
- Troubleshooting the Oil Cleansing Method by Overthrow Martha