This is the best and easiest kale chips recipe, ever!
Kale chips are so easy to make and really delicious. Kale chips are a great snack and loaded with vitamins and essential healthy fats. I’m hypothyroid and not supposed to have raw kale, so kale chips are the perfect way for me to eat kale! Here’s how you make ’em:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F
- Remove the stems from your kale leaves and break the leaves into however many pieces you want — not too small though, they will shrink in the oven
- Take all your pieces and put them into a ziplock bag
- Lightly grease a baking sheet with coconut oil
- Add a little bit of salt, I like Real Salt, and organic extra virgin olive oil into the bag
- Shake the bag very well so everything gets a nice coat
- Spread the kale leaves on the baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes
This is what my kale looked like before I put it in the oven:
And this is after:
See how they shrink? It’s okay to have some big pieces. I kind of had pieces of various sizes to mix it up. I recommend doing a pinch of salt and 1 tbsp of olive oil if you make a batch that covers the whole pan, like I did. I used a little too much salt but they were still sooo good, especially if you’re a salty snacker.
That’s it! Easy, quick and delicious. These will curb any salty snack craving in a seriously satisfying way. Prep, cook and clean up should take you a total of 15-20 minutes. Not bad! Try ’em out and let me know what you think.
Good food. Good tips. Good moves. Good for you.
xo Kim, Running on Good